Interim planning schemes
After the Minister has declared an interim planning scheme, the council advertises its interim planning scheme for 42 days. Anyone may make comments in writing to the council during this period. The council then reports to the Commission on the comments received.
The Commission considers the interim planning scheme, the report from council (including the any comments received in the 42 day period), the Regional Land Use Strategy and any relevant State Policies.
The Commission may clarify any issues raised by holding meetings or hearings, inviting the council and anyone who made comments to the council to attend.
The Commission’s task is to consider:
- the interim planning scheme itself;
- the council’s report on the interim planning scheme, including its views on any comments received;
- the Regional Land Use Strategy; and
- any applicable State policy.
The Commission may do either or both of the following:
- advise the Minister that an urgent amendment is required, or
- seek the Minister’s approval to direct the council to amend its interim planning scheme.