Minor amendments

An amendment to correct errors, clarify or remove inconsistencies between the scheme and any Act, that does not change the meaning of the planning scheme, can be treated as a minor amendment. For example, correcting a spelling mistake.

For this type of amendment, the council must get the Commission's agreement that it is a minor amendment. If the Commission agrees that the amendment is minor, it can approve the amendment without advertising or holding a hearing.

How can I comment?

There is no opportunity for public comment if the amendment is a minor amendment.

See the following flowchart for further information on the assessment process for a minor amendment to a planning scheme (PDF, 338.6 KB).