Fees and charges
Any person applying to a Council for a planning permit, planning scheme amendment or combined permit and amendment can expect that fees will apply.
Councils set their fees independently and they may vary from Council to Council.
The Commission has the following fees:
Planning scheme amendment
- $316 (paid by the person requesting the amendment or the Council if it is the Council’s amendment). This fee is updated each financial year in line with all Tasmanian government fees.
Project of regional significance
- If the cost of the project is less than $20 million then 0.2% of the estimated cost or $20,000 (whichever is greater).
- If the cost of the project is greater than $20 million but less than $400 million then 0.13% of the estimated cost or $40,000 (whichever is greater).
- If the cost of the project is likely to be $400 million or more, then 0.1% or $520,000 (whichever is greater).
- The Commission may charge for copies of documents either photocopied or provided on CD.